5 Tips For Rockford’s ‘Food Truck Drive Thru’ Success
For the last two weeks, Rockford Rivets Stadium parking lot has been hosting five amazing food trucks and the response has been outstanding.
This life-changing pandemic has got us all embracing new ways to have fun with our families and eat delicious food. The newest fun dining experience is in a stadium parking lot located at 4503 Interstate Blvd in Loves Park. The Food Truck Drive Thru every Wednesday and Thursday, from 4 - 8 p.m., you get the chance to try food from five different food trucks. For now, those food trucks are:
- Veebo's Pizza
- Wok & Roll
- Olive Branch
- Olivo Tacos
- The Churro Truck
The way they have the Food Truck Drive Thru set up in the stadium parking lot is fairly quick, considering all the things eat truck must do to comply with the health department, social distancing and more. It can take a while if you'd like to try food from more than one truck (which you should absolutely do), so I've put together some tips to make the experience a little quicker. Nobody needs a carload of hangry people.
- Check each menu on the Food Truck Drive Thru Facebook page before heading into the drive-thru.
- Debit and credit cards are strongly encouraged.
- If you have to use cash, remember to bring 1s, 5s, 10s and some change. The health department doesn't want a lot of money changing hands, so exact change is helpful.
- Don't get out of your car and no parking and eating.
- If you're only hitting up one truck, get your food and head out. If you're getting food from more than one truck, once you get your order, you pull back into line for the next truck you want. Sounds a little complicated, but the crew there is extremely helpful.