10 Ways to Recycle and Repurpose Old Bra
Bras, it's a love hate relationship with them for us gals.
We the pretty ones, the every day ones, then we have those for only around the house. What happens when that favorite one isn't your favorite anymore or that around the house one finally bites the dust? Throw it out?
Well yes we can but why not recycle and repurpose them. Here are 10 ways to do it.
Green Talk listed 10 ways that we can recycle and repurpose are bras.
1. Recycle them for someone else. You can give them to organizations like Bra Recycling or give them to local women's shelters like Rockford Rescue Mission.
2. Donate them to Bras for the Cause: your donated bras and lingerie can generate cash to further breast cancer research. Or donate to Salvation Army or Goodwill.
Yes, I would do and have done this with old clothing and lingerie.
3. Make a bra purse. Click here for the video. It's kind of small. I guess it's ok for a phone carrier?
4. Make them into pet play balls. Click here for the instructions. This is kind of neat.
5. Turn it into a swimsuit top. Click here for the instructions. Well, if I knew how to sew I could see doing this.
6. Compost your cotton bras and underware. Cut off any elastic and cut the lingerie into small pieces. Hmm... never knew about this tip.
7. Garden uses. "Use the cups to hold up cantaloupe, small pumpkins and other vegetables that you want to grow on a trellis." Ok I think this would look a little weird. not sure I'd do this, but to each his own.
8. Make a scented sachet with the bra cups. "Make a scented bra sachet by inserting herbs and then sewing up the sides similar to the bra purse instruction." See tip #3. That would be fine when placed inside you underware drawer.
9. Add some support to a camisole or swimsuit by sewing the bra into the top. Yeah, now that makes sense. Those little stretchy shelf bras really have no hold.
10. Make a bralet/ corset to wear under blazers or sweaters. Click here for a video and instruction. That's neat. Again, I don't know how to sew.
Ok some of these are good ideas, some I think are a bit strange, like the vegetable holders.
You know there's one more great to use that bra....
Decorating it for the Bra Auction at the Pink Party coming up on October 23rd. This is where you can see creatively decorated bras that will be modeled by the Rockford Firefighters, that will be bid on for a collection of wonderful gifts with the proceeds going back to Pink Heals of Winnebago County. Cool right?
If you want to know more about the Pink Party and how to get tickets click here.
I'm in the process of decorating my bra for the night, so you'll get to see it next week.
Little Zim is almost done with hers in fact here is a sneak peek of it.
Pretty cool isn't it. We can't wait to see you and all the lovely bras at the Pink Party next Friday. Don't miss out on a fun girls night and bidding on those those tickets to see Country's best Rump Shaker... Hmmmm, Now just who could that be?