$1.93 Gas For Sale Nearby While Rockford Gas Prices Remain Very High
If you bought gasoline in Rockford along Alpine for $2.59 a gallon, you paid 60 cents more than some of neighbors.While motorists are happy that gas prices are trending downward, not everyone is getting in on the best gas prices. Yes, within a five minute drive of Rockford, people are filling up for prices south of the $2 a gallon mark.
As any local knows, East State street and S. Alpine are always where you pay the most for gas, but I don't recall in recent memory a price difference by has much as 66 cents a gallon.
The place to go is Belvidere! Gas stations on the east side of town are offering gas as low as $1.93 a gallon
According to Gas Buddy here are the Top 4 lowest prices:
- 1. BP on Logan Ave $1.93 (Belvidere)
- 2. Speedway on Rt 20 & Crystal parkway $1.94 (Belvidere)
- 2. Murphy USA (by Walmart) $1.94 (Belvidere)
- 4. Fast Fuel at Belvidere Rd and E- 6th Street $1.95 (Belvidere)
According to Gas Buddy here are the Top 3 highest prices:
- Mobil - Alpine and Linden $2.59 (Rockford)
- Phillips 66 - Linden and Alpine $2.59 (Rockford)
- Shell - S. Alpine & American Rd $2.59 (Rockford)
Surprisingly, gas prices in much of the Chicago suburbs has been 30-40 cents lower than the Rockford area, despite having higher taxes. We have no explanation.