Weekend Roundup; Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Hop into Spring and Easter at these fun events happening this weekend in the Stateline!
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousins Bar & Grill - Friday, 9 p.m. - 6246 E Riverside Blvd. across from Village Green in Loves Park - No cover charge - Featuring country music from Scott Dubose - Hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - Food and drink specials - More info at 2ndcousinsbar.com.
- Belvidere Park District Easter Egg Hunt - Saturday, 11 a.m. - Joe Lewis Field at 1006 W Lincoln Ave. in Belvidere - Free admission - Hunt for eggs, then head over to the Rivers Edge Recreation Center at 1151 W Locust St. in Belvidere for a post-hunt sock up and pictures with the Easter Bunny ($2 per photo) from 11:15 a.m. to 1 p.m. - More info at belviderepark.org or 815-547-5711.
- Nano Day - Saturday 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. - Discovery Center Museum at 711 N Main St. in Rockford - Hands on projects and lessons from real scientists to celebrate the wonders of small science - $8 admission, free for members and children 1 and under - More info at discoverycentermuseum.org or 815-963-6769.
- Spring Stop 'N Shop - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. - Tebala Shrine Temple at 7910 Newburg Rd. in Rockford - Free admission - More than 50 vendor and craft booths on display.
- Barb City on Tap - Saturday, 2:30 to 6 p.m. - NIU Convocation Center at 1525 W Lincoln Highway in Dekalb - $35 in advance ($45 at the door if not sold out) - Sample over 100 beers from over 50 of America's best craft brewers - Must be 21 or over to attend - More details at americaontap.com/america-on-tap-dekalb-il/
- Model Railroad Show - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. - Jefferson High School at 4145 Samuelson Road in Rockford - Vendors selling new and used model train and railroad memorabilia - $5 admission, kids 12 and younger, Boy and Girl Scouts in uniform, and veterans are free.
- 12th Annual Home and Garden Showcase - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sunday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. - Forest Hills Lodge at 1601 West Lane Road in Loves Park - More than 100 vendors, plus gardening clinics and discounted plants - Free admission - For more info call 815-871-7469.
- Rockford Symphony Orchestra Presents: An American Salute - Saturday, 7:30 p.m. - Coronado Performing Arts Center at 314 N Main St. in Rockford - Tickets range from $22-$60 plus fees, students 22 and younger are $7 plus fees - More info and tickets available at rockfordsymphony.com or 815-965-0049.
- Bunny Bash - Sunday, 1 to 3 p.m. - Carlson Ice Arena and Sapora Playworld at 4150 N Perryville Road in Rockford - Ice skating, music, games, prizes, magic show and more - Discounted admission of $7 for both ice skating and entrance into Sapora Playworld - More info at 815-969-4069 or rockfordparkdistrict.org.