You Can Drink Like Santa At These Illinois Christmas Themed Bars
At these Christmas-themed bars in Illinois, you can drink like Santa Claus.
Santa Is A Good Guy But Likes To Party
Okay, here is the deal. Santa is a good guy and does a lot of amazing things but when it comes to the offseason, he likes to booze it up. I do not blame him. After all the hard work he does in the month of December, good old St. Nick deserves a break. I would not mind at all if he was drunk for the next several weeks after. Kind of like when a hockey team wins the Stanley Cup. During that time, he is a role model for party animals everywhere.
Everyone Likes To Party During Christmas
The holidays are the time of year where everyone likes to party. People are celebrating with friends, family, and co-workers. Plus, after a long year, it is time to let loose for a bit. When someone mentions being in the Christmas spirit, I always think which kind? Do they mean the holidays or booze? I think they go hand-in-hand.
What Is A Pop-Up Bar
If you are not familiar, a pop-up bar is a temporary themed location to party. For example, there was a "The Office" one. That meant the whole place was decorated like the TV program. The fans come there to honor their favorite show and put back a few cocktails. They have become very popular. One of the most common types is holiday-themed. They first came on my radar last Christmas when I discovered Rudolph's Pop-Up Bar in Chicago. Now, they are all over the place.
If this sounds like something you might want to check out, here are a couple you might want to visit this year during the holidays.
Christmas Themed Pop-Up Bars In Illinois
- It is the former Casy Moran's in Wrigleyville which features a Christmas theme all year round.
- Located in Stretch Bar and Grill in Chicago, it has taken on the movie "Elf" for its theme for the month.
- This is actually a Hanukkah-themed pop-up bar hosted by The Graystone Tavern in Chicago.
- I am pretty excited that Chicago's Goose Island decided to give everyone's favorite snowman some love.
- Lost Lake in Chicago puts its own spin on Christmas by making it a tropical theme to get your mind off of the winter weather.
Those should keep you busy and buzzed for a while. You can always hit up the great Google machine to find more.