In July we shared a story about a Wisconsin man whose limbs were amputated to save his life after getting a rare infection from dog saliva. A similar incident happened again, this time resulting in death.

The bacteria, known as Capnocytophaga Canimorsus, is NOT uncommon. In fact, it grows in the mouths of 6 out of 10 dogs. Even more, general antibiotics can't beat it, according to Dan Larson, whose wife (Sharon Larson) died from the infection. ABC7-Chicago confirms the rarity of capnocytophaga being deadly.

They say the bacteria, found in the saliva of most dogs, cats, even some humans, is rarely problematic and almost never deadly.

Doctors believe the bacteria was transferred to Sharon after her dog licked her.

JB Love is ½ of  Q98.5's Lil Zim & JB In The Morning, weekday mornings from 5:00 a.m. to 10 a.m. Follow him on TwitterInstagram, and Facebook.

[H/T ABC7]

More From Rockford's New Country Q98.5