What State Has The Most Miserable Thanksgiving?
Just days away from the day we all will all give thanks...or will we?
C'mon, lets be honest, when the entire family gathers together, it's not Thanksgiving on the Waltons, it sometimes morphs into a Kardashian Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving can be miserable.
Yes, the topic of politics come up at the dinner table, Uncle Harry starts discussing ethnic groups, people start fighting with their neighbors while jockeying for a good place in line at a Thanksgiving Black Friday sale. It's all part of the "new" Thanksgiving reality.
The folks at the real estate site, Estately researched what states showed a likelihood of its residents or visitors having a terrible Thanksgiving.
The rankings are based on the following:
- Likelihood of a family food poisoning episode
- Most cases of salmonella per capita derived from poultry in the past five years
- Likelihood of relatives getting drunk and making a scene
- Binge drinking among adults per capita
- Likelihood of political arguments
- Dietary restrictions impacting meal quality
- Likelihood of favorite NFL team losing on Thanksgiving
- Likelihood of guests/cooks abandoning meal to shop a Black Friday sale
- Percentage of Facebook users expressing interest in Black Friday sales