Things Men Will Never Understand
As you may know, my husband and I are doing a lot of home remodeling. At some point in the midst of every project we undertake my husband gets baffled. He just can't understand why I don't get it. My answer: I'm a girl, and I don't think that way.
Don't get me wrong, I am in awe of women who can fix things and know the names of all kinds of tools. I'm just not one of them. My brain does not retain the information. I'm proud of myself that I know the difference between a Phillips head and flat head screwdriver.
This situation has made me think of some other things men will never understand about women. Here is my personal answers to them:
- Why we need more than just 2 pairs of shoes - One pair of tennis shoes for casual and one pair for dressy doesn't cut it. Not even close.
- Why it is so hard at times to walk in high heels. Don't even get me started on walking in high heels when drunk. It's a tricky balancing act.
- Why it takes an hour to get ready each day. It takes time to look like a put -together lady.
- Why hormones make us crazy and want chocolate. We can't control it and don't realize how bad it can get.
- Why it is important to worry about your age when you choose an outfit. Am I too old for this outfit? Too young? Do I look like your Grandma? It's important to dress your age.
- Why shopping for swimsuits is so frustrating. It's about a whole lot more than feeling fat. If you can't buy in separate sizes it can be a very depressing thing.
- Why going to the bathroom and finding the seat left up is so infuriating. We do not need a constant reminder of how messy men are while using the toilet and how much we dislike cleaning it up.
That's just a few from me. Ladies, what am I missing? Men, we still love you. We just get baffled at times too when you don't get it.