The Top 10 Most Hated Companies in Illinois
Hate is such a strong word, but when it comes to dealing with some businesses customers can get very frustrated and it is the only word that describes how they feel about some companies.
Wallsteet 24-7 (WSJ) did the research and based the rankings are based on:
- Customer satisfaction
- Employee satisfaction
- Customer service
- Company policies
All of the companies have a presence in Illinois.
Here are the Top 10 Most Hated Companies
1. Comcast: WSJ says that Comcast received the worst scores in their survey due to the cost of the services to consumer, performance, billing, and reliability.
2. Bank of America: Ranks as the worst bank. 44% of those surveyed said they had a negative experience.
3. Mylan: This company not based in Illinois, but thousands of Illinois residents use the EpiPen made by Mylan. The company has been in the news because it increased the price of EpiPens (a device people need to treat an emergency allergic reaction) by more than 500%.
4. McDonald’s: It's not because of the food. Customers love that, WSJ says that McDonald's is on the list because McDonald's Corporate management spoke out against it's employees who wanted to get a hourly wage of $15 an hour.
5. Wells Fargo. This company spent much of 2016 in the news because management forced employees to created millions of fake credit card accounts for unsuspecting customers to inflate sales numbers
6. Facebook. Hundreds of Thousands of Illinois resident use and love Facebook, but hate it's privacy policies and the face that Facebook collects a lot of personal data of it's users users.
7. Spirit Airlines: I flew Spirit for the fist time in November and had a great experience, but according to WSJ, Spirit offers cut rate airfare and little in the way of comfort or customer service. If you fly on Spirit, expect to pay for everything extra. The seat in front you doesn't even have a place to put your stuff.
8. Dish Network: Like Comcast, DISH is another company in the subscription television service industry that is disliked by consumers. interestingly, WSJ reports that DISH employees also hate working for the company. Only 38% of DISH employees would recommend a job at the company to a friend.
9. Sears: WSJ says that Sears has nearly the lowest customer satisfaction rating of any department store, hated by customers and employees.
10. Sprint: out of all the wireless companies, Sprint has the lowest customer satisfaction of any company. Over 50% of Sprint customers have had a bad experience with customer service.
You can see the full list HERE.