Study Says This Is What Illinois Moms Want For Mother’s Day
I've been reading a piece on the worst Mother's Day presents that women have ever received, and I've found many of the responses to be absolutely hilarious and very informative at the same time.
The informative part comes into play when I consider the things that the women responding to the article had to say about gifts they don't want for Mother's Day.
By the way, not to get you panicked, but Mother's Day is Sunday, May 8th. 13 days from now.
Before We Get To What Illinois Moms Want For Mother's Day, Let's Look At Things They Didn't Like From Previous Mother's Days
The piece on bad Mother's Day gifts that I mentioned earlier can be found (ironically) at Fatherly.com. One woman's story of how breakfast in bed from her family took a rather unpleasant turn might be my favorite of the bunch:
“He and the kids made me breakfast in bed. It gave me food poisoning. We think it was the spinach they used. At the time, I was in agonizing pain, and stuck in the bathroom for hours at a time, so I just kept cursing them out to myself. But, it was a sweet gesture. Breakfast in bed is a pretty standard Mother’s Day gift, so at least they made theirs stand out.” – Lisa, 42, California
Other Mother's Day gifts that moms were less than thrilled with include:
- A Free Backrub Coupon Booklet: "I haven’t had the guts to tell him yet, but my husband gives TERRIBLE backrubs."
- A Garbage-Picked Lamp: "It seemed like he just drove by a pile in someone’s driveway and thought, ‘This’ll do.’"
- A Dumb Mug: "I work for my husband’s company. He’s the boss, and I deal with client relations and retention. One Mother’s Day, he got me a mug that said, ‘I Sleep With The Boss’."
Here's What Several Mother's Day Gift Expert Sites Say Illinois Moms Want This Year
For this information, I've pored over website after website so you won't have to. So, according to no less an authority than the internet, Illinois moms want these things to come their way on May 8th, in no particular order of importance:
- Dinner (or brunch) in a restaurant
- A spa visit for pampering
- A card with a heartfelt message
- A Family Photo, but done differently. One with mom in it, rather than one that she's taken. According to one survey of moms, the average mom said she's featured in less than half of family photos because she's behind the viewfinder for most family shots.