Shedd Is Asking For Help Naming New Beluga Calf
First off, let's get this out of the way.
If you think of "baby beluga" and don't think about Full House, well, you and I had very different upbringings. I didn't even really like that show but that scene is seared into my memory.
On to the real baby beluga.
The 330-pound calf was born on July 3rd and has been "a strong, playful and independent addition to the pod."
Now the little (big) guy needs a name. Here are the choices:
- Annik, pronounce AH-nik, meaning “blizzard”
- Imavik, pronounced EE-mah-vik, meaning “ocean”
- Ikullak, pronounced EE-koo-lak, meaning “confident”
- Naniitchuk, pronounced nah-nee-EET-chuk, meaning “brave”
- Kulu, pronounced KOO-loo, a term used for babies
My personal favorite, just going by the sound of the words, is Kulu.
You can vote for your choice here. Voting closes Thursday night and the name will be announced on Friday.