Rockford’s 10 Best ‘Date Places For People Who Don’t Live Here’
People end up in Rockford from far and wide. Whether it be for work or school there are folks in our fair city that don't live here permanently.
What do you do when you don't live in Rockford but want to go on a date?
Well, a Reddit user asked the peeps on the Rockford subreddit for help with this question:
Any ideas of date places in Rockford for people who don't live there?
Using that question, I grabbed answers from other users and put together a list of the 10 best spots an out-of-towner would want to go on a date.
I'm also going exclusively with restaurants, as I believe this where the best dates usually start. Plus I love food. Anyway, here are the 10 best.
1. Fresco at the Gardens - 318 Spring Creek Road, Rockford.
Gorgeous views of Anderson Japanese Gardens and incredible food.
2. Abreo - 515 East State Street, Rockford.
The most inventive menu in Rockford, romantic lighting.
3. Prarie Street Brewhouse - 200 Prairie Street, Rockford.
On the Rock River, excellent views, amazing deck/patio.
4. Lucerne's Fondue & Spirits - 845 North Church Street, Rockford.
The only fondue joint in Rockford. Sharing food will force you into getting to know each other quickly. Might be haunted too.
5. Lino's - 5611 East State Street, Rockford.
The definitive Rockford restaurant. Amazing pizza. Cozy booths.
6. Taco Betty's - 212 East State Street, Rockford.
Rockford's newest taco obsession. Rooftop seating provides awesome downtown views.
7. JMK Nippon - 2551 North Perryville Road.
Underrated sushi, and an awe-inspiring hibachi grill. Fabulous drinks and KARAOKE!
8. Octane Interlounge - 124 North Main Street, Rockford.
The hippest downtown spot in Rockford, Tons of different menu items.
9. Woodfire Pizza - 408 East State Street, Rockford.
More than just pizza at Woodfire Pizza. Great pasta and dessert on the menu.
10. Capri Restaurant - 313 East State Street, Rockford.
Long-time pizza place. Classic old-school Rockford.