Rockford Area Trick Or Treat Times and Tips [List]
There is nothing "fun" about a "fun-size" candy bar. I prefer the large size candy bar. But when it comes to Trick or Treating, that's what you often end up with, but it's still a lot of fun.
To help you collect those high calorie goodies, I thought I'd pass along the Trick or Treat times for many towns in the Stateline. (check back often, as I'll be adding to the list as more communities report in)
FRIDAY OCT 31, 2014 TRICK OR TREAT TIMES
Beloit: 5 to 7 p.m.
Belvidere: 4 to 8 p.m.
Byron: 5 to 8 p.m.
Caledonia: 5 to 8 p.m.
Capron: 4 to 7 p.m.
Cherry Valley: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Creston: 5 pm to 8 pm.
Crystal lake : 3 to 7 p.m.
Dakota: 5 to 8 p.m.
Davis: 5 to 8 p.m.
Davis Junction: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
DeKalb: 4 to 8pm
Dixon: 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Durand: 5 to 8 p.m.
Freeport: 5 to 7 p.m.
Harvard: 5 to 8 p.m.
Janesville: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m
Lake Summerset: 5 to 8 p.m.
Lena: 5 to 7 p.m.
Loves Park: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Machesney Park: 4 to 7 p.m.
Mt Morris: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Orangeville: 5 to 7 p.m.
Oregon: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Pearl City: 5 to 7 p.m.
Pecatonica: 5:30 to 8 p.m.
Poplar Grove: 4 to 7 p.m.
Rochelle: 5 to 8 p.m.
Rock City: 5 to 7 p.m.
Rockford: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Rockton: 5 to 8 p.m.
Roscoe: 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
South Beloit: 4:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Sycamore: 4 to 8 p.m.
Winnebago: 5 to 8 p.m.
Winslow: 5 to 7:30 p.m.
Comment on this article if we missed your town and you know the trick or treat times of your community
Here is a list of trick or treating tips for your family.
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Make sure costumes don’t drag on the ground
- Carry a flashlight
- Only carry flexible props
- Wear something with a reflector on it.
- Go out before dark-especially for little ones. The big kids tend to flood the streets
- later at night making it hard for little ones to trick or treat.
- Never go into a strangers house, even if they ask you to come in while they go and get some candy.
- Throw away all homemade or unwrapped treats.
- When walking down the street, have the adult walk closest to the road, and the children closest to the houses.
- Do not run ahead of the adults-its very easy for children to get carried away and accidentally run into the road.
- Do not pet strange animals while trick or treating.
- Do not eat candy as you go.
- Always be nice, even when people do not have any candy to give out.
- Do not knock on doors where the lights are off.
- Watch where you step!