This morning a pet alerted a Rockford family to a fire in their home. reported, "Firetrucks lined Jacqueline Drive around 3 a.m. That's just east of Sandy Hollow Golf Course. Crews on scene told us the fire started in the basement. It's still unclear what sparked it, though."

There were two kids and two adults inside the home at the time of the fire and thankfully every one made it out. Including their hero dog. Smoke detectors were in the home but none were operational. Meaning this story could have ended very differently.

It has almost been a year since the last time a story like this came out.

I have always wanted a dog but the one time I actually got a pet it was a pig. His name was Hamlet. Even though he was a cutie pie and he loved to snuggle. I seriously doubt he could or would save me from a house fire.

Unfortunately, I haven't found any information on the dog. He/she definitely deserves a shout out.



More From Rockford's New Country Q98.5