Eight Local Farms You Can Get Your Produce from This Summer
With most farmers markets starting late or not happening at all, CSAs or Community Supported Agriculture is another great way to get locally grown produce this summer.
You could also be like myself and that garden you'd planned on growing this year didn't exactly turn out the way you wanted it to because you're a notorious black thumb, a crop share from a local farm is another alternative for getting farm-fresh fruits and vegetables.
Thanks to Stateline Kids here are eight local farms you can get your products from all summer long.
- Harrison Market Gardens - Winnebago, Il - Not only are organic fruits and vegetables available but you can also add honey, eggs, ground beef, and shiitake to your crop share. Pickup at the farm on Wednesday and Thursday or drop-offs can be arranged at select locations in Machesney Park, Rockford, and Roscoe. Begin your order here.
- Angelic Organics - Caledonia, Il - They too offer organic produce where you have the option to add on a fruit box with the vegetable box you'd receive. Pickup is at the farm on Wednesdays from 7 am – 9 pm and Saturdays from 7 am – 6 pm, delivery to your home is an option for an additional $12. Start your share with this farm here.
- Troggs Hollow - Poplar Grove, Il - This organic farm also using no chemicals on their produce both organic or conventional. They are offering no year commitments and pay as you go available this year. Pickup is at the farm. Order Here from Troggs Hollow.
- Anderson Organics - Caledonia, Il - Each box from this farm contains 6-10 items from the farms over 100 varieties of vegetables. Pickup is Tuesdays at the farm from 3 -7 pm. Order Here.
- The Wright Way Farm - Beloit, WI - This farm offers weekly containers of organic produce. Pick up at The Wright Way Farm. Order Here
- Broadview Farm and Gardens - Marengo, Il - From June 14th - October 3rd you can get a salad bowl CSA which includes 1 lb. of salad greens, 2 lbs. of root vegetables, and 2 lbs of fruits. Eggs and meat can also be added to your order, which can be started here.
- Mighty Greens Farm - Elburn, Il - They offer a greens program that offers 6 different types of greens including spinach, pea shoots, micro broccoli, and more. Tuesday is the pickup day on the farm. Start your weekly order here.
- Wild Roots Farm - Harvard, Il - They offer full, half, and trail CSA boxes. Meat and eggs are available too. Pickup at the farm, order here for Wild Roots Farm.
KEEP READING: 3-ingredient recipes you can make right now