Next Solar Eclipse Coming in 7 Years and Will be Closer
If you had the misfortune of not viewing the solar eclipse yesterday, no worries.
The next eclipse is coming in 7 years and will be closer to North America.
According to GreatAmericanEclipse.com, the next view able eclipse will be passing over in totality on April 8th, 2024.
It will be cutting a diagonal swath from Mexico, Texas, Maine, and parts of Canada.
So what does that mean for Illinois, will we see it?
Well, the tip of southern Illinois closest to St. Louis will get a great view of the solar eclipse than us here in Northern Illinois. We will need to do a bit of drive to catch in 2024.
Here's the map of the solar eclipse path coming in 7 years on April 8th, 2024.
Now id you love everything about our planets and solar eclipses and love to travel, WGN has a list of the next viewings from vantage points from around the world.
- 2019: South Pacific, Chile, Argentina
- 2020: South Pacific, Chile, Argentina, South Atlantic
- 2021: Antarctica
- 2026: the Arctic, Greenland, Iceland, Spain
- 2027: Morocco, Spain, Algeria, Libya, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Somalia
- 2028: Australia, New Zealand
- 2030: Botswana, South Africa, Australia
Kind of a bummer we here in Rockford won't get to see it well, but maybe you can start making start making your travel plans for the next one in just 7 years.
It'll be here before you know it!