New Laws Coming To Illinois January 1st
Much of the buzz of the new laws taking effect January 1st are around the legalization of marijuana, but there are more than 250 laws that will be on the books come 2020 and you might want to know them so you don't get blindsided when something changes. From vehicle trade ins to bathroom signs to minimum wage, it's important to understand some of the new laws coming to the Land of Lincoln.
- Parents lose out on consent when it comes to preventative STD treatments for minors 12 and older.
- ID Cards for minors will now cost $5 instead of $10.
- Single occupancy bathrooms cannot be gender specific.
- All cats must have rabies inoculations.
- You child's teacher will be teaching them about Illinois history.
- Penalties for using any streaming services behind the wheel of a car.
- Stiffer penalties for passing school buses and violating Scott's Law.