Nearby Wisconsin Town Named One of the Best To Visit This Summer
Going to this place in Wisconsin is either considered a day trip or an overnight stay for a couple of reasons.
One, the drive. It might be a heckuva long day if you were to go in the morning, spend the day then hop back in the car and cruise back at night.
Second, it looks like there's enough to do to warrant an overnight or maybe even a couple of days.
THIS IS ONE SMALL TOWN NOT TO MISS THIS SUMMER
Country Living's list of the 30+ Small Towns You Should Visit This Summer featured only one place in Wisconsin and Illinois.
About three and a half hours from Rockford, Door County is said to be one of those towns to visit this summer.
Bays and inlets make the forested coastline uneven and jagged, leaving lots of room for waterside cabins, state parks, and small resorts in the woods. It's not all north woods seclusion, though—the Northern Sky Theater, an open-air experience keeps the nights lively with a summer lineup of comedies.
WHAT KIND OF FUN CAN YOU HAVE IN DOOR COUNTY?
According to TripAdvisor, there's plenty to do in Door County including:
- An excursion at Cave Point County Park
- A ride on the Washingon Island Ferry Line
- Chill out at Peninsula State Park
- Have a sip at Stone's Throw Winery
- Get some sun at Schoolhouse Beach
- Shop at Seaquist Orchards Farm Market
- Have more wine at Harbor Ridge Winery
- See Washington Island Stavkirke
- Journey through the Cana Island Lighthouse
- Breathtaking views at Newport State Park
Sounds like the kind of place families and couples from all over should check out.
Have you been to Door County? Is it worth the trip from Rockford?