Monroe Wisconsin Among Top Craft Breweries
Samuel Adams may have the most patriotic sounding name but it’s been ousted as the top U.S. craft brewer by Pennsylvania’s D.G. Yuengling & Son. But, there is a local brewer among the top 10 craft breweries in America. More here.
Congratulations to Minhas Craft Brewery in Monroe, Wisconsin for making the top 10 craft breweries in America. According to FOX NEWS, Yuengling sold more beer by volume than any other “small” or craft brewer in the U.S.A.
In 2014, Craft brewers sold almost $19.6 billion in beer, according to data released by the Brewers Association, representing 19 percent of the total U.S. beer market. Production of craft beer is also up. Last year, small brewers produced 22.2 million barrels representing about 11 percent of total beer volume produced in the country.
Top 20 Craft Breweries in U.S. 2015
1) D. G. Yuengling and Son, Inc. (Pottsville, Pa.)
2) Boston Beer Co. (Boston)
3) Sierra Nevada Brewing Co (Chico, Calif.)
4) New Belgium Brewing Co. (Fort Collins, Colo.)
5) Gambrinus (Shiner, Texas)
6) Lagunitas Brewing Co. (Petaluma, Calif.)
7) Bell's Brewery, Inc. (Galesburg, Mich.)
8) Deschutes Brewery (Bend, Ore.)
9) Stone Brewing Co. (Escondido, Calif.)
10) Minhas Craft Brewery (Monroe, Wis.)
A great brewer in a great state with great cheese curds. Makes sense to me. Time to plan a road trip soon to Monroe, Wisconsin.