MercyHealth, SwedishAmerican Change Visitor Guidelines
As anyone who has wanted to visit with, or accompany a friend or family member in the hospital knows, it's been a very difficult few months. Now, some restrictions are being eased.
- Adult patients: one designated visitor per day, upon approval
- Pediatric patients (inpatient): two designated visitors upon approval
- Women in labor: one designated visitor, upon approval
- Adult patients undergoing surgery/procedure: one designated visitor, upon approval
- Emergency Room: one designated visitor, upon approval
- Exceptions may be made during special circumstances, including end of life.
MercyHealth will return to its visiting hour schedule, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., seven days per week. All visitors must screen negative for fever and be asymptomatic of flu-like and other respiratory-related symptoms, wear a mask and practice social distancing.
At SwedishAmerican, their visiting hours are 8am to 8pm, 7 days a week, within these guidelines:
- must screen negative for fever and be asymptomatic of COVID-19 related symptoms
- wear a mask or cloth face covering that covers the nose and mouth
- practice social distancing (remain 6 feet from others)
- wash hands when entering and exiting patient care areas
- leave the facility as soon as the visit is over
- may be asked to leave if social distancing cannot be maintained or if expectations are not being followed.