Lessons Learned In My First 6 Months As A Mom
It's hard to believe, but today Ella turns 6 months old. It seems like just yesterday that she was born, but I sure don't miss those sleepless nights!
Most of the things I have learned in the last 6 months are things I was forewarned about, but there's nothing like experiencing them for yourself. Parents, I think you can relate to all of these. Let's smile and reminisce, shall we?
I have learned that:
- Poop no longer grosses me out, and I am way too obsessed with it's frequency.
- I have developed cat like reflexes, especially now that Ella can sit up on her own. It's amazing how fast I can move when she about to topple over onto something.
- You lose A LOT of hair after having a baby. My husband is totally grossed out by all the hair that we have to clean out of the shower drain. Thank goodness it has stopped falling out in clumps, I was about to buy a wig from the Dolly Parton wig line. (OK, I don't think she has a wig line for real, but you get my point)
- I am not as b#%&*%y as I once was when I don't get a full night of sleep.
- I need to buy way more photo albums. I take pics of everything including constant selfies of Ella and I. I even took a pic of the first huge booger that flew out of her nose. I need help.
- I can kiss my clean and organized house goodbye. I am fighting hard against this, but I think it may be time to throw in the towel.
- Drool and spit up are the perfect accessory, (and perfume) for any outfit.
- "Water resistant" bibs are a crock. It takes like 5 minutes longer to thoroughly soak it compared to a regular bib.
- I will never be on time to anything ever again.
- I google a lot of nasty things. Usually having to do with poop.
- Babies have split personalities. They are smiling and giggling, then one breath later screaming.
- Each time you forget to put an extra outfit in the diaper bag, nastiness will occur.
- My new favorite thing to do is lie on the floor with Ella and talk "baby."
- I have an awesome and supportive husband and family. (Actually, I already knew this, but the fact has been reinforced lately)
- It's amazing how your heart can be so full of love, and not actually burst.
It's been a wild ride, and I look forward to each moment to come. Next on the agenda? A half birthday party today (my husband's idea) complete with a present, cake, (for Mommy and Daddy) and a princess tiara. Thanks for allowing me another "proud Mommy" moment.
Here's a quick look at a few of my favs from the last 6 months...