This Illinois City Is One Of The Best At Keeping Resolutions
We are only a few days into the New Year. Let me ask you this, "how are those resolutions coming along, and why was not drinking alcohol the first one you gave up on?" Yeah, I also stopped not drinking booze on the first day of the year. Bowl games, the NFL, and my family typically encourage me/drive me to open a beer. While I might not be good at keeping resolutions, certain cities in America are really good at it. Two of those cities are in both Iowa and Illinois according to a new study.
It's 2023 and people are trying to eat healthier, work out, cut out things harmful to their bodies, and try to be nicer to others. While we all falter throughout the year, some of us in certain cities give up on our New Year's resolutions less than others.
Our friends at WalletHub released their 2023’s Best & Worst Cities for Keeping Your New Year’s Resolutions study showing the best and worst cities in the U.S. that can actually make it more than a week without going to a fast-food restaurant.
To determine which cities are better at keeping New Year's resolutions than others, WalletHub compared 182 cities (including the 150 most populated U.S. cities, plus at least two of the most populated cities in each state) across five key dimensions:
- Health Resolutions
- Financial Resolutions
- School & Work Resolutions
- Bad-Habit Resolutions
- Relationship Resolutions
WalletHub evaluated those dimensions using 57 relevant metrics, which are listed below with their corresponding weights. Each metric was graded on a 100-point scale, with a score of 100 representing the most favorable conditions for achieving one’s New Year’s goals.
Finally, WalletHub determined each city’s weighted average across all metrics to calculate its overall score and rank each city from best to worst when it comes to keeping its New Year's resolutions.
What are the two cities in Illinois and Iowa that were towards the top? Let's take a look!
As you can see in the map above, WalletHub found that Chicago, IL, and Cedar Rapids, IA are both in the top 50 states that are the best at keeping New Year's resolutions.
WalletHub found that Chicago is the 31st-best city and has an overall score of 59.22. This is how Chicago ranked in the 5 key dimensions:
- Health Resolutions - 93rd
- Financial Resolutions - 17th
- School & Work Resolutions - 163rd
- Bad-Habit Resolutions - 64th
- Relationship Resolutions - 4th
Looking at Cedar Rapids, WalletHub found the city of five seasons the 50th-best city that can keep resolutions. Cedar Rapids has an overall score of 56.59 and this is how Cedar Rapids ranked in the 5 key dimensions:
- Health Resolutions - 127th
- Financial Resolutions - 7th
- School & Work Resolutions - 109th
- Bad-Habit Resolutions - 12th
- Relationship Resolutions - 88th
Also appearing on this list from Illinois was Aurora at 88th, and in Iowa, Des Moines landed on this list at 85th.
Is This Available Garner, IA Home Actually Willy Wonka's House? You Decide
Join B100 At This Brand New, 5-Star, Adult-Only Resort In Mexico
- Dates: June 27-June 30th
- Flights: Nonstop flight from Chicago O'Hare to Cancun International Airport (return flights the same)
- You can send Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf an email right now to B100@gulliverstravel.com and they automatically know to send you details about B100's trip to Mexico
- You can text message Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf! Send the message "B100 Trip" to (309)-292-2354 and they'll reply back with information about our trip to Mexico!
- Finally, you can stop into Gulliver's Travel Duck Creek in Bettendorf at 874 Middle Road, Bettendorf, IA 52722 to talk with one of the great agents about the B100 trip to Mexico. They'll give you all of the details you need to know about your vacation with us! You can call them at (563)-359-6500 before heading to the agency.