Is Floating Your Fav? Check Out These 8 Rivers in WI This Summer
I have spent many hours of my life floating and/or kayaking down the Rock and Kishwaukee Rivers during the summer. Honestly, if you don't own a boat or a pool, there is no better way to cool off on a hot summer day than to grab a tube for some relaxing float time.
I am a little embarrassed to admit that in all my years of river fun, I have never really ventured outside of the Rock or Kish, and I think now is the perfect time to expand my horizons. Since my family spends a lot of time up North during the summer, I went on a search to find cool places to go floating in Wisconsin so we can mix things up a bit this year. What I found was a great article from Travel Wisconsin that I think you will want to see if you love tubing too.
Here's 8 awesome rivers to float on according to Travel Wisconsin, AND they also include suggestions of where to stay after your fun day on the water...
- Namekagon River - Camping options; Jack's Canoe & Tube Rental & Campground in Trego, WI or Log Cabin Resort & Campground in Trego, WI.
- Apple River - Northwest Wisconsin near the Minnesota border. Camping options; Apple River Hide-A-Way, or Rivers Edge Camping and Resort all in Somerset, WI.
- Wolf River - (Travel Wisconsin says this is one of the fastest-flowing rivers in the Midwest). Camping options; Wolf River Trips & Campground in New London, WI.
- Black River - Camping options; Lost Falls Campground in Black River Falls, WI.
- Grant River - Travel Wisconsin says this river is full of 'timbered bluffs and rustic rock ledges'.
- Wisconsin River - Camping options; Point Bluff Camping Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI or Wisconsin Riverside Resort in Spring Green, WI.
- Sugar River - Camping options; Crazy Horse Campground or Sweet Minihaha in Brodhead, WI.
- Crystal River - Travel Wisconsin says this crystal-clear water trek features lots of lakes and streams to navigate.
One last thing, most of the above mentioned campgrounds and tubing services require advanced registration, and they are filling up quickly. Better get to clicking and reserve your own trip ASAP.