5 of Illinois’ Best Haunted Houses That You Must See In 2023
If terror is what you crave every Halloween season, put these 5 haunted houses in Northern Illinois on your Fall 2023 to-do list.
Halloween Fun in Illinois
No matter which way you prefer your Halloween fun, the Rockford area has a plethora of screams, thrills, and pumpkins available at your fingertips.
For families, Lockwood Park in Rockford offers a whole month of fall fun called Saturday Fun on the Farm, and The Pumpkin Patch in Caledonia is also a must-visit every October!by Kenny Eliason on Unsplash
When it comes to terrifying fun, the Stateline area is more than ready to deliver...
READ MORE: 4 of the Scariest Haunted Houses Near Rockford, Illinois
Since we're on the subject of haunted houses, have you ever considered taking a road trip to check out more of the freaky haunted houses waiting for you in Illinois?
The Scare Factor is a great website to check out for all things creepy in Illinois, and they currently have a list of 98 different haunted houses, trails, hayrides, and corn mazes that will be kicking off throughout the state later this month.
So, what are the most popular haunted houses throughout Illinois? The Scare Factor listed 13 of the most searched-for haunted houses in Illinois, but these five are just a short drive from the Rockford area, so you should probably check them out first...
Most Popular Haunted Houses in Northern Illinois
1. The Old Joliet Haunted Prison in Joliet, Illinois - This haunted experience takes place inside an actual prison and features multiple attractions to scare the crap out of you including mini escape games, and a midway!
2. Midnight Terror Haunted House in Oak Lawn, Illinois - This one has earned the title of being 'the scariest haunted event in Chicago' and 'one of the scariest haunted houses in the nation'.
3. Terror Roulette in South Barrington, Illinois - This is a new haunted attraction for the Chicago area and features an interactive horror experience...it even has a safe word if things get too scary for you!
4. Basement of the Dead in Aurora, Illinois - This haunted experience takes place in a building that is over 100 years old and prides itself on being named the #1 haunted house by over 10 news sources including USA Today and Chicago Tribune.
5. Evil Intentions Haunted House in Elgin, Illinois - This haunted event takes place in an old casket factory and that fact alone sends shivers down my spine.
All five of these haunted events in Illinois are opening at the end of September, and are currently offering early bird discounts, so make sure to grab your tickets in advance!
Want to get up close and personal with some real ghost stories in Illinois? Give these ghost tours a try. Happy haunting!