Illinois Driver Services Celebrating New Year By Shutting Down Again
Just when they started letting us come back in to get things taken care of, they have to shut their doors again. There is a quick end to the frustration.
Does your teenager have a birthday in January? They're not going to like this news. Turning 16 and getting a driver's license is an unmatched feeling of freedom. time to teach them a lesson in patience.
Getting anything accomplished at an Illinois Driver Services facility is also an unmatched feeling of freedom and accomplishment.
Those feelings are coming to a screeching halt AGAIN!
Driver Services is closing all facilities on January 3 due to rising covid numbers
The announcement from Illinois Secretary of State Jesse White said,
"All Secretary of State departments will not conduct in-person transactions – including Driver Services facilities – from January 3, 2022, through January 17, 2022."
All departments and facilities are scheduled to reopen on January 18th but we all know how it goes with 'plans' and 'covid'.
During the shut down, online transactions will remain open for all departments to conduct office services — things like,
- Renewing a license plate sticker
- Renewing a driver’s license or ID card for those who qualify (individuals may call 217-785-1424 to confirm their eligibility or to obtain their PIN)
- Obtaining a duplicate driver’s license or ID card
- Obtaining a driver record abstract
- Filing Business Services documents, such as incorporations and annual reports
For online services, click HERE.
If your driver's license or ID is expired or expiring soon, the new deadline is March 31, 2022.