Illinois Cities To Protest Family Separation At The Border
I have lived in a few cities along the Mexican border including Brownsville, TX, Rancho Viejo, TX, McAllen, TX, Tucson, AZ, and Sierra Vista, AZ. I can tell you for a fact that Border Patrol and border security in general needs help. They need more bodies and they need better technology.
However, they DON'T need a wall and they DON'T need to seperate families.
I am all for border security but I am not down with treating everyone like a criminal. Whether that is the case or not it is definitely what it looks like from far away. I am not the only one that feels that way either and that's why many protests are about to take place on June 30th.
If you can't make it to the border but you want to participate, you have nothing to worry about. There will be plenty of protests here in the state of Illinois according to Patch.com. You can find more info on the Rockford march HERE.
- Downers Grove: Rally at 4 p.m. Saturday, June 30 at Downers Grove North in the main parking lot, 4436 Main St.
- Frankfort: March starting at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 30, at Breidert Green, intersection of Kansas Street and White Street. Hosted by Southwest Suburban Activists.
- Chicago: March at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 30, at Federal Plaza in downtown Chicago on Dearborn Street.
- Chicago: March at 11 a.m. Saturday, June 30, at Richard J. Daley Center, 50 W. Washington St. Hosted by Indivisible Chicago
- Barrington: Noon Saturday, June 30, in front of Rep. Peter Roskam's Barrington office, 200 S. Hough St. Hosted by Indivisible of Northwest Illinois, which is a part of Indivisible Illinois.
- Rockford - 10 a.m. Saturday, June 30, at Rockford City Hall, 425 E. State St.