Rockford IceHogs Schedule Announced For 2023-24 Season
The Rockford IceHogs have announced their schedule for the 2023-24 season, the team's 25th season in Rockford.
The team will kickoff this year's campaign on the road Oct. 13 when they take on the San Jose Barracuda in California.
The IceHogs will return to Rockford for their first home game of 2023-24 when they matchup with the Chicago Wolves on Oct. 21.
The puck will drop at the BMO Center for 36 IceHogs home games this season. More than half of the games are scheduled Fridays through Sundays.
Other fun facts about the 2023-24 IceHogs schedule:
- The IceHogs will be 25 of the 28 Saturdays scheduled during the season.
- The team is set to face the Chicago Wolves, Grand Rapids Griffins, Iowa Wild and the Milwaukee Admirals 12 games each during the regular season.
- The IceHogs will face eight different teams this season with six of them coming out of the Central Division.
- This season will mark the first time that the Rockford IceHogs have made the trip to California since 2017-18. They are scheduled to take on both the San Jose Barracuda and the San Diego Gulls.
- The Chicago Wolves come to town for the IceHogs' home opener at 7 p.m. on Oct. 21. The team will look to improve on its 5-6-1-0 record against the Wolves a season ago.
- The 2023-24 will be the team's 17th season as an American Hockey League affiliate of the Chicago Blackhawks.
The Rockford IceHogs will be looking to make their return to postseason hockey following a 35-28-5-4 season last year.
The promotional schedule for the 2023-24 season has yet to be released. For additional Rockford IceHogs news and information, visit IceHogs.com.