Here’s Your Rockford Area Road Closure and Sandbag Location List
With the Rock and Pecatonica Rivers at dangerous levels, and flooding expected to stick around for a few days at least, you might wish to know where to avoid.
With a big hat-tip and thanks to 23 WIFR News, here a partial list of places that local officials would like you to steer clear of in the immediate future until flooding is brought under control:
City of Freeport:
- Hancock Road
- Henderson Road
- Stephenson Street, east of Honeywell
- Harrison Road , IL 75 to Hartlien Road near Harrison in Winnebago County
- Tower Road, IL 75 to Tower Road near Freeport in Stephenson County. (Detour set up over US-20 W to IL-26 S)
-Winslow Road, IL 73 at Bridge Street in Winslow in Stephenson County.
City of Roscoe:
- Roscoe Road between 251 and Chicory Ridge Way
Rockford Park District:
- Auburn Street underpass
- Rock River Rec Path from YMCA parking lot to Rockmen
-Seascout building to the playground
- Former Machesney Park Mall southwest lot: 8702 N. 2nd St., Machesney Park, Ill.
- Krape Park maintenance building, 1799 Park Blvd., Freeport, Ill.
- New Milford Fire Station: 2177 Will James Rd., New Milford, Ill.
- Old fire station at 1819 South West Ave / IL 26 in Freeport.
- Roscoe Public Works: 5402 Swanson Road, Roscoe, Ill.
- St. Paul’s Missionary Baptist Church at 607 East Stephenson St.