Gray Chilly Days are Soup Days
Gray chilly days like today are what I call Soup Days. Days where you just want something warm and tasty to fill you up. How about trying this recipe? Yellow Pepper Soup.This is really good soup that not only has creamy goodness to it, but it's also vegan for those that are A. watching their weight and/ choosing healthier foods or B. Vegan/ Vegetarian.
My Mom brought me some the other day and it was so good I asked for the recipe.
It's fairly easy to make and it's full of vegetables.
Yellow Pepper Soup
|4 medium yellow peppers|
|½ Tbsp. olive or canola oil||¼ tsp. nutmeg, freshly grated|
|1 cooked sweet potato (baked, boiled or microwaved), peeled and roughly chopped||¾ tsp. salt|
|3 c. organic vegetable broth||¼ tsp. pepper|
|1/2 onion, roughly chopped||6 to 8 Tbsp. unsweetened vegan creamer (or coconut milk), for garnish|
1 clove garlic
1. Seed and roughly chop the peppers, then sauté in oil until just tender.
2. Toss peppers into a blender with the rest of the ingredients except the salt, pepper, nutmeg and cream. Blend until as smooth as you can get it and transfer to a saucepan.
3. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, 10 to 15 minutes, until raw onion or garlic taste is gone and soup is heated through.
4. Add salt, pepper and nutmeg; adjust seasonings.
5. Ladle into bowls, gently swirling 1 tablespoon of creamer or coconut milk into each bowl with the tip of a spoon just before serving.
Serves 6 to 8.