Governor Pritzker Just Introduced Stronger Scott’s Law
Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker unveiled today a tougher and stronger "Scott's Law" plan.
According to KFVS after Troopers Christopher Lambert, Brooke Jones-Story and Gerald Ellis all passed away in 2019, new legislation has been proposed.
The new rules would include protection:
- Stationary authorized vehicle with lights
- IDOT workers
- All first responders
- Law enforcement officers, any individuals that are authorized to be on the highway
- Fines are increased to $250 for first offense and $750 for second violation
- The criminal penalty to a Class A misdemeanor. You could serve up to a year in jail
- Secretary of State will add a Scott's Law question to Illinois Drivers Test