Ghost Hunting Road Trip In Illinois
Here's your chance to combined two fun adventures ghost hunting and a road trip.
The Labor Day holiday weekend is coming up. You might be thinking about hitting the road. With the pandemic, you probably don't want to travel too far. Maybe, you're thinking about doing some sort of exploring this fall before the weather turns cold. Also, Halloween will be here before you know it and this is the perfect activity to celebrate.
How about some ghost hunting for a change of pace? The paranormal is very popular. There are many shows about it on television along with podcasts, websites, books, and so much more. People love those spirits.
Illinois is actually a good place for a haunting experience. I've done some investigations in Rockford with professionals. My friends, Dan and Larry, from The Ghosthunter Dan Norvell Project have taken me out and been guests on my show several times. I really enjoyed taking part. I would recommend trying it out sometime.
If you're ready to head out like Scooby-Doo and his friends, here are some places to check out in the Land of Lincoln.
According to onlyinyourstate.com,
"Illinois is really a pretty creepy state. There are a lot of haunted attractions. Have you ever thought about putting all the creeps into one epic trip? Well, with this haunted Illinois road trip, you totally can."
They've so kindly already mapped out the whole trip for you, HERE.
Check out the points of interest.
- Cahokia Mounds - "This used to be the most sophisticated civilizations north of Mexico. Native Americans lived here from 900-1300 AD. Ghosts of some of the people have reportedly been seen here."
- Mineral Springs - "Mineral Springs was a hotel once frequented by people looking for miracle cures. It was an old hotel that is now a mall. However, the pool is still there and it is supposedly incredibly creepy and haunted."
- McPike Mansion - "The McPike Mansion was built in 1869. It hasn't been occupied since the 1950s. Orbs and figures have been seen in and outside the house."
- Greenwood Cemetery - "This cemetery is from 1857. But it predates that, having been a burial ground of Native Americans. Many people report that there are restless souls here--both Native Americans who felt disturbed and others."
- Peoria Public Library - "Many people report creepy sensations in this library. Employees have claimed to have heard their names called when no one is around. Others have said that they have seen ghosts of a former employee."
- Peoria State Hospital - "This former asylum is said to be haunted by a few ghosts. Most famous is a patient who worked with the burial grounds crew until his own death. He was supposedly seen--in the flesh--at his own funeral."
- Manteno State Hospital - "This abandoned hospital was once a psychiatric facility. Disease led to many patient deaths, and awful treatment of psychiatric disorders lead to great pain. Eventually, this place closed, but many people report disturbing sensations."
- Bachelor's Grove Cemetery - "This is one of the most haunted cemeteries in Illinois. People have reported seeing a woman in white carrying around a baby. It was said to have been a dumping ground of victims from some of Illinois' most famous crime families."
- Bloods Point Cemetery - "This cemetery was founded in 1936. Disembodied figures and gross stenches have been reported. Legends revolve around Beaula, a woman who reportedly killed all of her kids. She is said to roam this cemetery."
Bloods Point Cemetery is the closest to Rockford but it's a controversial location. Is it really haunted? The answer is right HERE.
I know it's not Disney World or Hawaii but you could still have some good old fashion family fun with this idea.
Video: John Lodge from the Moody Blues made new music during quarantine.
CHECK IT OUT: See the 100 most popular brands in America