Gas Prices Jump: Here are Lowest Gas Prices in the Rockford and Stateline Area
Did anyone in the Dixon Area see those $1.57/gallon gas prices earlier this week? It didn't last long, but it was nice while it lasted. Rockford gas prices have been slowly dropping for the past few months, until this past Thursday. The reason prices jumped can be attributed to this man.
Oil rose after the death of King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia, the biggest producer in the Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries.
Bloomberg news reports that Oil futures rallied as much as 3.1 percent in New York and 2.6 percent in London after the Saudi royal court announced the death in a statement. Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz will succeed Abdullah on the throne.
Saudi Arabia is the world’s largest crude exporter. The country has led OPEC’s decision to maintain its oil-production quota, which has driven prices lower over the past few months.
Here are the lowest gas prices for regular unleaded gas in Rockford and in the Stateline Area as of 1/23/15 (*Prices subject to Change)
- $1.84 Sam's Club 7241 Walton St near Buckley Dr
- $1.85 BP 3420 E State St & Fairview Blvd
- $1.89 Woodman's 3155 McFarland Rd & Spring Brook Rd
- $1.92 Road Ranger 4980 S Main St & Ranger Rd (*Cash Price)
- $1.93 Marathon 3299 S Alpine Rd & Mayflower Ave (*Cash Price)
- $1.74 BELVIDERE Murphy USA 2005 Gateway Center Dr & Genoa Rd
- $1.84 LOVES PARK Mobil 7901 N Alpine Rd & Croydon Ave
- $1.84 DEKALB 7-Eleven Annie Glidden & Hillcrest
- $1.85 MACHESNEY PARK BP 8332 N 2nd St & Liberty Blvd
- $1.87 FREEPORT Kelley's Market1111 S West Ave & Moseley Ave