Five Things To Do With Your Family This Summer In Rockford
This summer in Rockford, here are five things to do with your family.
Family Time In The Summer
I really enjoy time with my family. I especially like going on little adventures. We do not even have to leave the Rockford area to find some fun.
I hear people all the time say things like there is nothing ever to do in Rockford or I am bored. Well, I think they have not even looked. There are so many amazing things to keep you entertained in the Forest City.
In fact, this is the best time of year during the summer because there are so many options. You can head outside or stay indoors. Either way, the list is filled with possibilities.
I will even get you started.
Five Things You Can Do With Your Family During The Summer In Rockford
1. Hurricane Harbor Rockford - On a hot summer day, there is nothing better than hitting a water park to stay cool. For more info, HERE.
Video: Tropical Twisters - Hurricane Harbor Rockford POV
2. Rockford Speedway - Besides all the exciting weekly racing, check out one of their special events like a trailer race and it will put a big smile on your face. More info, HERE.
Video: Rockford Speedway's World Famous Figure 8 Trailer Race 2018
3. Rockford Rivets - When it comes to sports in the summertime, baseball is right there at the top for me. Your family will love a night out at the ballpark. For more info, HERE.
Video: The Rockford Rivets First Ever Triple Play
4. Ski Broncs - We are really lucky to have the Rock River run right through Rockford. A fun family way to enjoy it is to attend a water ski show from our local team. For more info, HERE.
Video: 5 High Pyramid - Ski Broncs Water Ski Show Team
5. Midway Village - This is a sneaky one for parents. It is a nice way to disguise learning with fun. For more info, HERE.
Video: WWII Days Midway Village Museum - Rockford, IL
Information About Rockford
Remember these are just a couple of suggestions to get you started. There are many things to do in Rockford. A good resource is the Rockford Area Convention and Visitors Bureau, HERE.
I hope you enjoy some quality family time this summer in Rockford.
10 Roadside Stops in Wisconsin You Must See This Summer
Video: Meeting The Ghosts At Tinker Swiss Cottage
LOOK: Route 66’s quirkiest and most wonderful attractions state by state