Where To Find Corned Beef & Cabbage In Rockford
It's not hard to find a shamrock and it's not hard to find good corned beef and cabbage, either. Here are some Rockford spots serving the Irish-American tradition.
Rockford's Irish heritage shines bright (or green) around St. Patrick's Day with an Irish Marching Society parade, plenty of green beer, and corned beef and cabbage.
Did you know corned beef and cabbage is not actually derived from Ireland? In short, Irish immigrants began eating the dish because it reminded them of home. Thus, the tradition of eating corned beef and cabbage became in America. You can learn more about it here.
If you've never had corned beef and cabbage many will tell you it's either incredibly delicious or as bland as a blank canvas. Luckily for Rockford there are some good corned beef and cabbage dishes to be devoured around town. Here are a few of those locations.
- The Hope and Anchor (N. 2nd Street)
- Stadium Lounge (15th Avenue)
- American Legion Robert C.A. Carlson Post 1207 (S. Alpine Road)
- RBI Bar and Restaurant (N. Perryville Road)
- Prairie Street Brewhouse (Prairie Street)
- Murphy's Pub (S. Perryville Road)
Where is your favorite place to get corned beef and cabbage around Rockford? Fill in your answer below.