Confirmed Tornado, Tornado Warning Issued for DeKalb, and LaSalle Counties
(*UPDATED AT 8:11pm) The National Weather service has issued a Tornado Warning.
A tornado has been spotted by trained weather observers and is on the ground
- NORTHERN LA SALLE COUNTY
- SOUTHEASTERN DE KALB COUNTY
* Tornado warning in effect for the counties listed above until 9:00 p.m.
The National Weather Service reported at 8:04 pm a confirmed tornado was spotted near Earlville and was moving to the east at 20 mph
IMPACT...FLYING DEBRIS WILL BE DANGEROUS TO THOSE CAUGHT WITHOUT SHELTER. MOBILE HOMES WILL BE DAMAGED OR DESTROYED.
DAMAGE TO ROOFS...WINDOWS...AND VEHICLES WILL OCCUR. TREE DAMAGE IS LIKELY.
The Tornado will be near:
- LELAND AROUND 815 PM CDT.
- SOMONAUK AROUND 830 PM CDT.
- SANDWICH AND SHERIDAN AROUND 835 PM CDT.