All Hands On Deck Needed For Annual Q98.5 Toy Drive in Rockford
We've already announced our 24th annual 12 Hours of Salvation Army Toy Drive but, because the pandemic has thrown a wrench in things, we are in desperate need of your help. If you fall into the category of "high risk" when it comes to coronavirus please simply share this with your friends and family. We. Need. Volunteers.
In past years, the annual toy drive has brought in between 5-7,000 toys. In 2020, we're predicting triple that amount if not more. Salvation Army has nearly three times as many families as in previous years. On top of that, the majority of the Salvation Army's volunteers have been of retirement age. Don't judge because most of the folks have been working the toy drive for years and they are machines. They make the toy intake process seem seamless. But, some of these amazing volunteers can not risk contracting COVID-19. But what about you? Are you comfortable providing some volunteer time? If so, read below.
WHAT: The 24th Annual Q98.5 12 Hours of Salvation Army Toy Drive
WHEN: Friday, December 4 from 7 am-7 pm at Lou Bachrodt AutoMall (near Cherryvale Mall.)
WHY: Bring a new, unwrapped toy for a boy or girl, ages infant to 15 and place it under the tree, or stay in your car and pull up and a volunteer will accept it for you. All toys will be distributed locally to needy families by the Salvation Army.
REQUIREMENTS & REMINDERS
• Masks MUST be worn
• Wearing gloves (provided on site)
• Attest to and sign VOLUNTEER AND VISITOR HEALTH STATEMENT (available on site)
BE SAFE and practice appropriate social distancing from volunteers and others.
1. Volunteers must be 18-years old and older.
2. Volunteers temperature check will be administered upon check-in
3. Masks – Volunteers MUST wear a mask. Please bring your own if possible.
4. Gloves – Volunteers must wear gloves. Gloves will be provided.
5. Social Distancing – Volunteers please maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.
Monetary donations also appreciated. Click here for online donation information.
If you or a group are interested in volunteer, with your correctly worn mask, please send an email.