12 Boston Stores in Wisconsin Could Be Closing
Fox6Now in Milwaukeeis reporting that Bon-Ton Stores Inc. has notified state officials about the potential closing of 12 of their stores throughout Wisconsin.
I'd be lying if I said I wasn't freaking out a little bit about what this could mean for the Rockford store'd future.
According to Fox6Now.com, these are the 12 Wisconsin stores that are in danger of closing:
- Boston Store at Shops of Grand Avenue, Milwaukee
- Boston Store at Bayshore Town Center, Glendale
- Boston Store at Regency Mall, Racine
- Boston Store at Brookfield Square, Brookfield
- Boston Store at Southridge Mall, Greendale
- Boston Store at Mayfair Mall, Wauwatosa
- Bon-Ton corporate office, Milwaukee
- Younkers at Oakwood Mall, Eau Claire
- Younkers at Shoppes at Woodridge, Marshfield
- Boston Store at Janesville Mall, Janesville
- Boston Store at East Towne Mall, Madison
- Boston Store at West Towne Mall, Madison
Fox6Now also says that Bon-Ton Stores Inc. wants to make it clear that if a new company owner is found, most, if not all of those stores could remain open. A statement released by Bon-Ton Stores says;
We are required to provide notification under certain state and federal laws of potential job losses even as we work diligently to complete a sale of the Company as a going concern. Bon-Ton is in active discussions with an investor group to acquire the Company in a court-supervised sale process. We are encouraged by the interest in Bon-Ton and we hope that jobs will be preserved through a sale process. We remain committed to pursuing the best path forward for the Company and its stakeholders, including Bon-Ton associates
Sorry, I am still freaking out a bit. My family loves taking advantage of Bergner's coupons and discounts, and opening gifts in a white Bergner's box during the holidays is my absolute fav.
Let's hope a new buyer is found soon so all shopping lovers can rest easy once again.