10 Outside Chores To Do With Nice Weather In Rockford
The weather in Rockford is going to be great this weekend, so that means time to get things done around the house.
Here's a list of ten things to do around the house this weekend with great weather in Rockford.
1. Throw out the pumpkin. You thought it was a great idea to buy that pumpkin on the way out of Schnuck's. Unfortunately, you set it on your front porch and never carved it. There it has sat since October. It's time to get rid of it.
2. Take down the Christmas lights. Nobody wants to take them down in the cold. It's going to be warm, so suck it up and get it done. You don't want to be the last house on Alpine Road with your lights still up.
3. Straighten up the garage. It's easy to let the garage go in the winter. You don't know what to do with that half can of soda, so you just put it next to your car along the wall. You have quite the collection now. Take them to Behr Iron and Metal to recycle to make a couple extra dollars.
4. Put the shovel away. After a big snow, it's nice to have your shovel right outside the backdoor. We haven't had any snow in Rockford since December, so I thinks it's safe to put it back into the garage.
5. Reel up the hose. You use your hose a lot in the summer, but you won't need it for a while. You were really busy in the fall going to NIC 10 high school football games, so you forgot to reel it up. Take the time and do it this weekend.
6. Stand the basketball net back up. Your kids begged you for a basketball net, so you went to Dick's Sporting Goods to buy one. They haven't used it in years, but it's still in your driveway. The wind blew it over a couple of weeks ago. It's time to stand it back up, so people think it's actually used.
7. Pump up your bike tires. During the cold weather, the tires on your bike went flat. That way in the Spring your significant other can't accuse you not using it. You won't have to worry about hearing, "You don't even use that bike because the tires are flat. You should sell it on Rockford's Craigslist"
8. Pick up that huge tree branch. Why is it every time there is a storm, a huge branch falls off your tree. It's been sitting in your yard for weeks. It's so big you could float down the Rock River with it. Cut it up and you can use it for a bonfire.
9. Clean up the trash. Remember that day when everyone's garbage cans were blowing all over Charles Street? Well, half their trash ended up in your yard. Take a few minutes and throw it out.
10. Pull the Grill Out. You've worked hard. Time to treat yourself. Run over to Pinnon's and treat yourself to a couple of steaks to cook out.
Captain Jack 5 Questions With Phil Collen of Def Leppard