Winnebago County Listed as One of the Most Unhealthiest Counties in Illinois
Winnebago County found itself on a another list, but it's not a list to be proud of.
It's been noted as one of the most unhealthiest counties in Illinois.
According to this report from WTVO, based on a report through the University of Wisconsin's Population Health Institute Winnebago landed at #88 of 102 counties.
Yikes. That's not good.
According to the studies statistics Winnebago ranked in 88th place due to the following:
- 7,800 premature deaths (Illinois average: 6,300)
- Rank of quality of life: 98 (out of 102 counties)
- Adult obesity: 32% (Illinois average: 27%)
- Rank of social & economic factors: 100 (out of 102 counties)
- Violent crime: 890 (Illinois average: 430)
"On the positive side, Winnebago County ranked as the 31st best county when it came to clinical care."
If you're curious where the rest of the counties in the Q98.5 listening area landed. Let's just say most of us are above that 50th rank line.
To see the complete list, click here.