Top Spots for Adventure in Rockford and Winnebago County
We're finally seeing our first consistent stretch of warmer temperatures in Rockford, and I don't know about you, but it's got my brain focused on outdoor fun! If you fancy yourself an adrenaline junkie or outdoor enthusiast, here's some places you need to check out in Rockford and Winnebago County for all kinds of fun in the sun.
- Zip Rockford at Alpine Hills Adventure Park and Golf Center - Several tours available for all ages, experience and adventure levels.
- Rocktown Adventures - This company offers paddleboard equipment, adventure trips, camping and hiking accessories and everything else you need to enjoy all the outdoor fun Rockford has to offer.
- Azimuth Scuba - A skilled team of dive and military veterans provide scuba lessons and adventures at their facility right here in Rockford.
- Skateparks - The Rockford Park District operates 4 different skateparks across the community for all ages and skill levels.
- Forest Preserves of Winnebago County - Spend your entire Spring and Summer exploring the 42 different forest preserves that Winnebago County is home to. These awesome forest preserves include four rivers, 100 miles of hiking trails, four campgrounds and three golf courses. Activities available include birdwatching, horseback riding, fishing, canoeing and much more!
- Larsen's Landing Outfitters - Located on New Milford School Road, Larsen's Landing offers 30 acres of wilderness hiking along a half mile of river frontage. Two areas are available for post-canoeing group gatherings. They also outfit canoeing trips for 2-100 people providing everything you need for a day full of water fun!