The Perfect Potato Soup that’s Unbelievably Easy to Make
With these cold and gray January days the perfect soup to make your lunch or dinner is a potato soup.
This recipe is not only tasty but it is so unbelievably easy to make.
What I like about it is not only does it taste close to my Mom's homemade potato soup but you can make as many servings as you need to. The recipe is based on a serving for one yet all you have to do is increase the amounts of ingredients to get the number of servings you want or need.
- Peel and cube potatoes.
- Put in a saucepan along with the onions and celery.
- Add water, but don't quite cover the vegetables.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover and simmer for 25 minutes, or until all of the vegetables are very tender.
- Using a potato masher, coarsely crush the potatoes, but don't mash them--you want chunks left.
- Add enough milk or cream to thin to desired thickness and add salt& pepper to taste.
I garnished mine with some shredded cheddar cheese and green onion I had on hand. Plus, I threw in a clove of minced garlic while the potatoes, celery and onion were simmering on the stove.
I made enough for 3 servings (6 small potatoes) as I was using up the last of my potatoes.