Seven Things that Can Happen on Leap Day
Happy Leap Day!
Did you know that they're are seven that can happen on this day?
Every four years according to traditions documented in this Latin Times article these seven things are allowed to happen on this day.
1. Women can propose to men.
2. Men must buy women pairs of gloves to hide her naked ring finger. Apparently, if a man turned down a proposal on Leap Day he has to buy gloves to cover her hand.
3. You are to pray this special prayer if you were proposed to on this day:
"God of love, please bless N and N as they prepare for the commitment of marriage. May the plans for the wedding not overtake the more important preparation for their lifetime together. Please bless their family and friends as they prepare for this special day and may your blessing be upon them now and always. Amen."
4. If you're born on this day you are invited to join the Honor Society of Leap Year Babies.
5. This day is also known as St. Oswald Day an Archbishop of York who died on this day in 992. He was known to build monasteries and to revive the English monasticism. (Catholic.org)
6. It's also consider Unlucky in Love Day. It is not recommended to get married on this day, or for the whole year in which Leap Year happens, as you will have bad luck.
7. Leap Year Parties can happen where girls ask the boys to the dance. Much like Sadie Hawkins.