E Coli Scare Prompts General mills to Recall Betty Crocker Cakes
Two flavors of Betty Crocker cake mixes have been recalled by General mills over potential E Coli scares.
General Mills posted an advisory on it's website alerting consumers to the recall of two of their cake mixes. Affected are:
- Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix
- Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix
Both of these items are sold in the US. General Mills says that no illnesses reported to date have been connected to cake mixes and that no other General Mills or Betty Crocker mixes are included in this recall.
Consumers are advised not to eat the raw cake mixes and throw the recalled products away or return them to their place of purchase. Here are the recalled items and date codes
- Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Party Rainbow Chip Cake Mix: Recalled Better if Used by Dates 25MAR2017, 28MAR2017, 27APR2017, 28APR2017, 23MAY2017, 24MAY2017, 25MAY2017
- Betty Crocker Delights Super Moist Carrot Cake Mix: Recalled Better if Used by Dates 12APR2017, 13APR2017, 14APR2017, 28MAY2017, 29MAY2017, 30MAY2017, 07JUL2017, 08JUL2017
- Betty Crocker Super Moist Rainbow Bit Cake Mix: Recalled Better if Used by Dates 27AL2017, 08JN2017, 09JN2017