5 Wild Things You Didn’t Know Your Dishwasher Could Do [List]
I run my dishwasher about once ever week and that's it. That might soon change as I have discovered other uses for it. I dare you to try some of these.
The dailymeal.com website has come up with some alternate uses for your dishwasher that might come in quite handy
1. Sanitize Your Toothbrush. Your toothbrush has millions of germs. YUK! It's a good idea to clean it from time to time, especially after you have a cold or the flu. Just toss it in the same compartment at your forks, spoons and knives
2. Shine Your Hubcaps. You heard me right. You can shine your hubcaps in the dishwasher.Toss them in, but also add a cup of white vinegar. If you also are planing on cleaning your lug nuts, put them in a mesh bag before loading them into the dishwasher.
3. Clean Canvas Sneakers: This is for canvass sneakers only! Make sure you remove the liners before you wash them and skip the dry cycle. You should always let sneakers air-dry. It is also recommended that after you’re done washing your sneakers that you run the dishwasher without anything in it to clean it.
4. Cook Vegetables: You ask Why? This idea comes in handy when you are cooking for a large group around the holidays. You only have so much space in your oven. This will work great for broccoli or carrots in foil packets or steaming foil-wrapped potatoes or yams.
5. Sanitize Dish Sponges and Towels: Another bastion for germs and bacteria. You can toss these into the dishwasher. Make sure you set the dishwasher's temperature on HIGH along with making sure the sanitizing cycle is on.