5 Unwritten Rules of Rockford
Does Rockford have any "unwritten rules?" I'd sure say so.
I have some friends and family coming to town, so I was thinking about Rockford's unwritten rules. These may be rules you live by or rules you know that most locals abide by.
There are just certain things you do when you live or work in Rockford. Things that just make "Rockford" sense. To others not from here, I don't know how much sense these make. But stay with me people.
Here are the 5 Unwritten Rules of Rockford:
- Tell everyone you love Beef-A-Roo cheese fries, even if you don't. I think people that are lactose intolerant still tell everyone how awesome cheddar fries are.
- You have had at least one Cheap Trick encounter in town - "I saw Robin Zander at Woodman's" or "Rick Nielsen uses my aunt's carpet cleaning business."
- Wear some IceHogs memorabilia. Nothing says I'm "Rockford" like the pig, even if you don't like hockey.
- Take a picture with Kevin McCarthy - Kevin wants a picture with you, and you probably know at least three people that have been on his Facebook page in photos.
- Call the BMO Harris Bank Center the Metro Centre. You know you do it.