12 Best May Events in Rockford
Sure a third of the month has already come and gone but the best is yet to come when to comes to events in the Rockford area.
If you like beer, baby showers, block parties, shopping and shows, then it's time to start filling up your calendar; I just hope you don't mind being double booked because some of these exciting events fall on the same day.
- Tamale Fest 2: Taste the best tamales in Rockford while enjoying live music, drink specials and vendors at the Tebala Event center, May 13th, from 3PM to 11:55 PM. Get more info here.
- Movies on Main Presents, Hidden Figures: Looking for something FREE to do with mom this Mother's Day? Take her to the movies. The Nordlof Center is showing Hidden Figures Sunday, May 14th at 6PM.
- Rockford IceHogs Garage Sale: Get your hands on unique IceHogs items like jerseys, sticks and player-used equipment this Saturday, May 13th, from 10AM to 1PM. For tickets and details, visit IceHogs.com.
- RENT 20th Anniversary Tour: Broadway comes to The Coronado Performing Arts Center on Thursday, May 18th. The show begins at 7:30PM. Get your tickets here.
- Rock River Wine Walk: It's a party with a purpose, visit great shops in downtown Janesville while you sip wine from a glass you get to take home. All proceeds go to the Downtown Development Alliance. Mark your calendars for Saturday, May 20th; 1PM to 5PM. Details here.
- Milwaukee Food Truck and Beer Festival: This is a first for the city of Milwaukee - a food truck festival. Wisconsin's most popular food trucks will be there along with dozens of breweries will take part, too. Get tickets here.
- Rockford Marathon 1/2 Marathon: People from 20 different states will be running along the scenic Rock River on Sunday, May 21st. Let's cheer them on. Whether you're running or spectating, you can get your details here.
- Wild Life Baby Shower at Hoo Haven: Who doesn't love baby animals? Come welcome the newest additions at Hoo Haven on Saturday, May 20th from 11AM to 2PM. Bring a donation off the wish list and your admission is free. Learn even more here.
- Can't Touch This Live at Dinner on the Dock: Have fun, food and drinks with Can't Touch This Live at Rockford Brewing Company on Thursday, May 25th. Get their early so you get a great seat on the patio. Music begins at 6PM.
- Main Street District Block Party: The District Bar and Grill says this is going to be "Rockford's Best Block Party Ever!" The Gilligans and The Mummies will be performing and tickets are just $20. The fun begins at 6PM and goes until 11:30. Find out how to get tickets here.
- Color Vibe 5K: The Color Vibe 5K is back for another year and the best part, it's in May instead of August. Remember the first one that took place in August a couple of years ago? It was so hot. Sign up now, the event is Saturday, May 27th, starting at 9AM. Registration info can be found here.
- Young at Heart Festival: Events have already started for what I consider to be the unofficial kickoff to Summer, the Young at Heart Festival. They've got a great line up of music this year, plus rides, food and fun. Get the full schedule here.
In a Snap! Fitness