Weekend Roundup; Top Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
It's here, the official final weekend of summer. Fall begins on Tuesday, so how are you going to spend your last summer days? I suggest checking out these cool events going on this weekend!
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3 to 7p.m.- On Water St. between State and Jefferson in downtown Rockford - Only a few weeks left - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Pec Thing Antique & Flea Market - Saturday and Sunday 8a.m. to 5p.m. - Winnebago County Fairgrounds in Pecatonica - $3 admission, children 12 and under are free - winnebagocountyfair.com
- Jake Owen at the BMO Harris Bank Center - Saturday, 7p.m. - Tickets are still available starting at $25 - 815-968-5222 or thebmoharrisbankcenter.com
- Cruisin' for St. Jude Kids Motorcycle Ride with Hammertime Sports - Saturday, registration begins at 1p.m., bikes roll at 3p.m. - $20 per bike, $25 per couple (includes a T-shirt) - All proceeds benefit St. Jude Children's Research Hospital - Get more info here.
- Main Street District 2 Block Party - Saturday, doors open at 5p.m. - State and Main intersection in downtown Rockford - Featuring live music from Jamie Campbell and the Redneck Romeos, headliner Mike and Joe, and more - $10 - mainstreetdistrict.com
- World War II Days - Saturday, 11a.m. to 5p.m., Sunday, 11a.m. to 4p.m. - Midway Village at 6799 Guilford Road in Rockford - Rain or shine - $14 for adults, $7 for kids 3 to 17, museum member and veterans get in free - 815-397-9112 or midwayvillage.com
- Rockford Lutheran Academy Fall Festival and Craft Show - Saturday, 12 to 4p.m. - Rockford Lutheran at 4700 Augustana Dr. in Rockford - Come see me, I'll be there!
- Woodstock Harley Davidson's Country Rumble After Dark - Saturday, Gates open at 6:30p.m, music starts at 8p.m., featuring headliner Bella Cain - Woodstock Harley Davidson on Highway 47 just south of Highway 14 in Woodstock, IL - $10 - Get tickets here.
- Ethnic Parade and Festival - Sunday, starting at 1p.m. - Midtown Rockford, parade starts on North Wyman St. and travels to the BMO Harris Bank parking area - international cuisine, beer garden, ethnic arts and crafts, and a whole lot more - Free admission - Call 815-997-5888 for more info.