Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things to Do This Weekend in the Stateline
School is starting soon, and summer will be coming to an end, so you better get out and have some fun while you still can! Good thing is, there is plenty of fun to go around this weekend.
Here's 10 awesome things to check out this weekend:
- Rockford City Market - Friday, 3 to 8p.m. - Downtown Rockford on Water St. between State and Jefferson - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Friday Night Flix - Friday, Gates open at 7p.m., movies starts at 8:45p.m. - Davis Park in downtown Rockford - Feature presentation: "The Lego Movie" - Pre- movie construction activities for kids with the Discovery Center - Free
- Main Street District's 3 Day 2 Block Party - Friday through Sunday - State and Main Street intersection in downtown Rockford - Gates open at 5p.m. Friday night, music begins at 7p.m., headlining performer is Keith Anderson. - Saturday, live band karaoke and dueling pianos - Sunday, Rockford's largest bags tournament plus music from Paul Thorn with Miles Nielsen and The Rusted Hearts - Tickets available at the gate - mainstreetdistrict.com
- Winnebago County Fair - Friday through Sunday - Winnebago County Fairgrounds at 500 w First St. in Pecatonica - $7 gate admission Friday and Saturday, $5 on Sunday - "The Voice" star Gracia Harrison headlines the grandstand entertainment on Saturday at 7p.m. - Complete lineup of events at winnebagocountyfair.com
- Rockford Ski Broncs - Friday, 6:30p.m. - Shorewood Park in Loves Park - Free - Only a few performances left for the season - skibroncs.com
- "A Car's Day Out" - Petal to the Metal All Vehicle Cruise Event - Saturday starting at 8a.m. at the Rockford Speedway, then cruising to Don Carter Lanes for plenty of family fun, games, music, and more - Open to any car, truck, motorcycle, cruiser or clunker - $20 vehicle entry fee - Benefit for Crusader Community Health and Vietnam Veterans of America.
- Honoring Our Heroes - Unveiling of an original scale model of the National World War II Memorial in Washington, D.C. - Saturday, 1p.m. at Veterans Memorial Hall at 211 N Main St., Rockford - Organizers will honor veterans and their families during the program - Call 815-969-1999 for more info.
- 33rd Annual Polish Fest - Sunday, starting at 10a.m. - Saint Stanislaus Church at 201 Buckbee St., Rockford - Live entertainment, a Polish sausage and sauerkraut dinner served from 11:30a.m. to 3:30p.m, and other Polish food available - Admission is free - st-stanislaus.org
- Mending Hearts Rescue "Rockin'-4-Rescues" Benefit - Sunday, 2 to 6p.m.- Cronie's Grill at 9032 N 2nd St. in Machesney Park - Cutest dog/cat contest, raffles, 50/50, silent auctions, bags tournament, live Dj and karaoke - mendingheartsrescue.org
- Rockton Art in the Park - Sunday, 10a.m. to 4p.m. - Village Park at Blackhawk Boulevard and Union Street in Rockton - 50 exhibitors selling various arts and craft products, plus a 50/50 raffle, homemade pie competition, food and drinks - Benefit for Hononegah Woman's Club - Call 815-871-4172 for more info