Weekend Roundup; Top 10 Things To Do This Weekend In the Stateline
Lucky for us, the rain has gone away just in time for us to have some fun this weekend!
Saturday is sweetest day, and if you are stuck on what to do with your sweetie, here's some suggestions for you:
- Rockford City Market - FINAL NIGHT - Friday, 3 to 7p.m. on Water St. at State and Jefferson in downtown Rockford - Featuring a kids Halloween costume parade and trick-or-treating at all the vendor booths - rockfordcitymarket.com
- Night of the Bowling Dead- Friday, Check-in at 8p.m., Bowling 8:30 to 11p.m. - Forest Hills Lanes in Loves Park - $10 unlimited bowling, shoes, and prizes and a zombie costume contest - Call 815-654-3900 to reserve your spot.
- Severson Dells Night Hike - Friday, 6:30 to 8p.m. - Severson Dells Nature Center 8786 Montague Road in Rockford - Naturalist led hike with lessons about the county's owls - Free admission - Call 815-335-2915 for more info.
- Artists' Ensemble Mystery Theatre - Friday and Saturday at 7:30p.m. - Cheek Theatre on the Rockford University Campus at 5050 E State St. - Performance of vintage radio mysteries with live sound effects and piano accompaniment - Free admission, though donations will be accepted - artistsensemble.org
- Wine to Water Wine Tasting - Friday, 7 to 10p.m. - Prairie Street Brewhouse at 200 Prairie St. in downtown Rockford - Live music and wine tasting - $15 at the door with all proceeds going to Wine to Water; a nonprofit aid organization that provides clean water to people in need - Call 815-277-9427 for more info.
- Locktoberfest Scarecrow Days - Saturday and Sunday 10a.m. to 4p.m. - Lockwood Park at 5201 Safford Rd. in Rockford - Fun for the entire family - Free admission with some paid activities - rockfordparkdistrict.org/locktoberfest
- Zombie Fun Run - Saturday, at 2:30p.m. - Atwood Park at 2685 New Milford School Road - 5K run for people 8 and older - Runners and zombies needed - $20 for residents, $25, non-residents, $5 for after party admission only - To register go to rockfordparkdistrict.org
- Groove Walk-ing Dead - Saturday, 9p.m. to 1a.m. - 15 participating venues in downtown Rockford - $10 at the door - Live music and bands plus a costume contest at the corner of State and Madison streets - Riverdistrict.com
- Ron White at the Coronado Performing Arts Center - Saturday, 8p.m. - Tickets start at $43 up to $53, limited VIP packages still available - coronadopac.org
- Hiking for Hounds - Sunday, 10a.m. to 2p.m. - Klehm Arboretum and Botanic Garden at 2715 S Main St. in Rockford - Take your pets and explore the grounds of Klehm, also featuring pet adoptions, pet costume contest, prizes and more - $3 for adults, $1.50 for kids and seniors - Donations for Kibble Korner, Rockford's pet food pantry, will be accepted - klehm.org