Weekend Roundup; Things To Do This Weekend in the Stateline
Our minds and social agendas may all be focused on Super Bowl Sunday this weekend, but there are some other cool things going on locally that you will want to check out!
- Rockford Icehogs vs. Chicago Wolves - Friday, 7p.m. at the BMO Harris Bank Center in downtown Rockford - Come early for the Blues Flame Lounge Pre-Game Party with free appetizers and drink specials (Doors open at 5:15p.m., Must be 21 or older to attend) - First 2,500 fans get a free Icehogs cell phone cover - Tickets and more info available at icehogs.com.
- Live Country Music at 2nd Cousin's Bar and Grill - Friday, 9p.m. - On Riverside Across from Village Green - Featuring the Cal Stage Band, hosted by Q98.5's Jonny J - No cover.
- "Noises Off" - Friday and Saturday, 7:30p.m., Sunday, 2p.m. - Byron Civic Theatre at 850 N Colfax St. in Byron, IL - Tickets are $12 for adults, $10 for seniors, $6 for students and children - More info at 815-312-3000 or bctmagic.com
- Birds of Our Four Rivers - Saturday, 1 to 2p.m. - Severson Dells Nature Center at 8786 Montague Road in Rockford - Join avian expert, Greg Keilback to see and earn more about our local bird habitats - $3 per family for non-members - Call 815-335-2915 to register or get more info at seversondells.org.
- Snow Viewing Tea Ceremony - Saturday, 10:30a.m., 12:30 and 2p.m. (1 hour each) - Anderson Japanese Gardens at 318 Spring Creek Road in Rockford - Enjoy a hot cup of Japanese tea while viewing the serenity and beauty of the snow covered foilage - $25 for non-members, $20 for members - More info at 815-316-3306 or andersongardens.org.
- In Full Bloom: The Orchid Exhibit - Saturday is opening day of this beautiful and creative floral display at Nicholas Conservatory and Gardens at 1354 N Second St. in Rockford (Exhibit runs through March 1) - Admission is $6 for residents, $8 for non-residents, $4 (resident) or $6 (non-resident) for seniors and children ages 5-18 - More information at 815-987-8858 or nicholasconservatory.com.
- All About Birds Open House - Saturday, Noon to 2p.m. - Atwood Environmental Center at 2685 New Milford School Road in Rockford - Tours of the facility, complimentary lunch, and observation of birds of prey feeding at 1p.m. - Free admission - More info at rockfordparkdistrict.org.